Effective Construction Litigation Attorney in Pasadena, California
Helping clients with a variety of construction litigation issues
Whether you are involved in a simple home remodel or a complex commercial construction, disputes can cost you time and money, rob you of the enjoyment of your property, and seriously threaten your business. For 32 years, Dan Hogue – Attorney at Law has helped clients who are mired in controversy get relief and move their projects forward. I represent clients involved in all aspects of construction, including homeowners and homeowner associations, businesses, general contractors, subcontractors, developers, lenders, bond and surety companies, design professionals and suppliers of materials. I negotiate, arbitrate, mediate and litigate cases arising from:
Thorough investigation by a knowledgeable professional
Establishing fault in construction cases often requires specialized knowledge of industry practices and standards. Our team includes qualified experts — including general contractors, structural engineers, soil engineers, geotechnical engineers, statisticians and architects — whose services are commonly used in construction defect cases. I make maximum use of state-of-the-art diagnostics and analyses to fortify your case.
Mediation and arbitration services
Often, parties can avoid expense and delay by mediating disputes about provisions in construction contracts. Moreover, many construction contracts have clauses that require nonbinding or binding arbitration to resolve disputes. I have experience representing parties at arbitration and mediation proceedings. Often, I negotiate lasting solutions that save my clients time and money and which enable them to get their projects back on track.
Fair and just compensation
If you have been harmed by a construction defect or a contractor or subcontractor’s failure to perform, you are entitled to ample compensation covering:
- Actual damages, including the past and future costs of repairing and restoring your damaged property, and any contents damaged because of the defect (such as water damage caused by faulty plumbing)
- Compensation for the loss of the use and enjoyment of your property, including inconvenience, aggravation and discomfort
- Compensation for appraisal fees, storage charges and cleaning costs incurred
- Compensation for the reasonable cost of rental of similar property during periods when your property could not be used
- Under limited circumstances, exemplary or punitive damages, intended to punish a defendant and to deter particularly malicious or reckless conduct in the future
- Interest on your damages, as permitted by law
- Attorney fees and costs, if provided for in your contract
Contact a Pasadena, California construction litigation lawyer today
Every moment of delay is costing you money. To assert your rights in your construction dispute, call Dan Hogue – Attorney at Law in Pasadena at 626.765.4673 to discuss your case or contact my office online. We’re ready with cost-effective legal counsel that will resolve your controversy and improve your bottom line.